Welcome to the November 2012 Fiction Contest…
SoWrite’s November contest features a minimum $50 cash prize for First Place.
This page is for contest entries. During the competition, this page was password-protected. With the contest complete, it’s now open to everyone.
How to enter the November Fiction Contest:
Have you read the General Contest Rules yet? By entering this contest, you agree to abide by those rules, in addition to any special conditions listed on this page.
Use this page’s Comments section to submit your entry. (see Directions, immediately above that section)
Contest dates and times: (please note: this contest is now complete)
- This contest opened to entries on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 9 am (all times are Eastern Time)
- Judging of entries began on Thursday, November 22 at 6 pm
- New entries were accepted until Tuesday, November 27 at 11:59 pm
- We announced three finalists on Thursday, November 29 after 6 pm
- Final judging of entries was complete by Friday, November 30 at 11:59 pm
- Contest Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 1, 2012 (we tried! ~Jim)
- Winner’s submission will be published and featured on this website at that time
Specific Rules for November Fiction Contest 2012:
- This content is for Fiction only, in the form of a prose chapter (no resolution of story required).
- Choose your best First Chapter as your entry.*
- You must own full copyright to this work. No prior publication will be allowed.
- If your chapter is more than 1000 words, stop at the end of the last sentence that crosses the word count. (Over-length entries will be edited by SoWrite if necessary, to conform with this rule.)
- Do not identify yourself in any way as part of your submission’s text.
- SoWrite reserves the right to edit entries if necessary (see General Rules).
- * Can we really tell if it’s a “first chapter”? Nope. The choice is up to you.
Please carefully read and follow these Entry Directions:
- Use the Speak Your Mind box for your entry. Use your keyboard’s “End” key to find this quickly.
- If you are logged in (“Post as [your name]”), LOG OUT before placing your entry.
- In the Name field, type in your submission’s TITLE, not your name.
- (Editor’s note: This was to ensure entries were anonymous)
- In the Email field, enter the email you used to pay your contest entry fee.
- NOTE: Your email WILL NOT be displayed publicly.
- DO NOT enter any text in the Website URL field. (Any text entered here will be deleted)
- Copy and paste your submission text into the Comment Box.
- Enter Plain Text only
- You may use line breaks, Bold and Italics, if desired, for selective emphasis
- Limit your entry to approximately 1000 words — over-count to end of sentence is fine.
- Proofread your entry. Make corrections as needed
- When you’re ready, Click on the green box that says “Post Comment”
- That’s it, you’re entered!