Welcome to the March 2013 merged Contest…
“Best Opening Paragraph”
This page is for contest entries.
Hi friends — we’re now past Deadline for this contest.
Feel free to comment on entries, if you like! Now that judging is complete, I’ve marked our Finalists using Replies to each of their entries. Well done, everyone!
How to enter the March Contest:
Have you read the General Contest Rules? By entering this contest, you agree to abide by those rules, plus any special conditions listed on this page.
Use this page’s Comments section to submit your entry.
(see Directions, immediately above that section)
Contest dates and times:
- New entries accepted until Saturday, March 16 at 11:59 am
- Judging begins on that Saturday at noon
- We’ll announce Winner and finalists Monday evening
- Among non-finalists, one random entry will be awarded a $10 bonus prize
- Winner’s submission will be published and featured on this website at that time
Specific Rules for March’s merged Contest 2013:
- This content is for ALL WRITERS
- FIRST ENTRY IS FREE for site subscribers
- Contestants may choose to add one extra paid entry.
- Submit your opening paragraph as your entry, up to about 200 words or so.
- You must own full copyright to your submission. Prior publication is fine.
- Do not identify yourself in any way as part of your submission’s text.
- SoWrite reserves the right to edit entries if necessary (see General Rules).
Please carefully read and follow these Entry Directions:
- Use the Speak Your Mind box for your entry (at end of this page).
- If you are logged in (“Post as [your name]”), LOG OUT before placing your entry.
- In the Name field, enter the first 3 words of your paragraph, not your name.
- In the Email field, enter the email you prefer for contest communication (kept private)
- Leave the Website URL field blank.
- Copy and paste your paragraph into the Comment Box.
- Proofread, then Click on the green box that says “Post Comment”
Need help with your entry?
Email SoWrite editor Jim Bessey at: jimbessey @ sowrite.us.com (omit the spaces)
You can also find Jim on Facebook and Twitter. Use the Social Icons top right of this page.